5.26.2008

Ah... Spring?

I was asked out this afternoon.

His pick-up line was, for the record, "Do you like Mexican food?"

And then he said, "You must let me paint your apartment for you. I can make it nice."

Paint my apartment. Is that what they're calling it now?

Another sign of spring: Last week, most shows had their finales, and are gone until September. I am posting at 9:35 pm, and the only station that has had anything on that's scripted is CBS, and right now it's a pretty bad sitcom. I guess what's on the CW is scripted as well, but it's their usual twenty-somethings angst soapy opera stuff, One Tree Felicity Gossipy Hill. I thought, maybe, I might watch the dancers on Fox. So I tuned in, and there was this blonde bimbo doing interpretive dance -- badly, badly, oh lord, so very very badly, klutzy and she didn't complete her lines (can you tell I used to dance? throwing in that $40 comment there? cool, huh?) and there were these bizarre jumps for no reason and then these cheesy "reach for the stars, I'm emoting" kind of moves --and I thought sure the judges were going to trash her, but they loved it. Capital L loved it. Gushed about how much energy she had in her...get this..eyes, and they all agreed "She's got 'it.'" "Yes, you do, you've really got 'it.'" and I had to turn it off.

We all know people dance with their eyes, don't we? Yuck. By the way, apparently the guy just before her did a stepping dance of some sort, which I did not see... but I did see the part where they said no to him, even though they all said HE had "energy" -- He was wearing a mask, though, so they couldn't see if any energy was in his eyes, I guess. Next time he'll know to lose the mask.

Which brings me to wondering: What did we do to deserve Reality TV? That's rhetorical, I know the answer. We watched Cops and Real World too much and encouraged it, that's what we did. Well, not me, I didn't watch those shows, but enough of us did, or at least, enough of the Nielsen Families did and it has ruined television forever. It doesn't even matter if people stop watching these stupid shows...they are cheaper to produce, so as long as some people are still watching them who cares if most of the viewing public has turned off the set and are reading books?

Okay, I admit it, I'm in a mood.

On the other stations, we have the Bachelorette and an awards show for Movie Trailers (!!!!!) and a news magazine about a murder. At least that one involves a dead body.

10 comments:

Anonymous,  Wed May 28, 09:23:00 AM EDT  

Could you do me a HUGE favor and go out with him?
Then you can ask him to paint MY apartment. I sure could use someone who can make it "nice"

One Cheer Wed May 28, 12:54:00 PM EDT  

Are you saying you want to have a threesome?

Anonymous,  Wed May 28, 01:38:00 PM EDT  

No, I am saying I want my apartment painted.
But if I have to have a 3-some I guess I will (but getting my apartment painted has to be included in the deal, or else no go, capiche)?

Unknown Thu May 29, 03:42:00 PM EDT  

God that dance show drives me UP THE WALL! I stopped watching BECAUSE of what you describe. The interpretive dance is just spastic! glad im not alone! Can you feel my loathing?

One Cheer Thu May 29, 08:44:00 PM EDT  

Yes, I can feel the loathe.

Anonymous,  Fri May 30, 01:47:00 PM EDT  

Hold the phone! You can't tease us like that and then drop the subject.
We need to know if you agreed to go out with the umm, eh, taco eating housepainter.
Inquiring minds want to know, you know.

One Cheer Fri May 30, 02:38:00 PM EDT  

I gave him my actual number and phone contact has been made. Jury still out whether I will eventually have dinner with him... much less let him paint my kitchen.

Anonymous,  Mon Jun 02, 08:45:00 PM EDT  

Okay, when you say let him paint your kitchen, do you mean paint your kitchen, or do you mean PAINT YOUR KITCHEN?

Anonymous,  Tue Jun 03, 07:16:00 AM EDT  

Hmmm. This could lead to an interesting discussion about rollers versus brushes....

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP