7.20.2008

UFOs On a Coffee Break?

It's mysterious.

At 12:38am every weeknight, and a little after 1 am on weekends, my CBS channel 2 turns to white static, leaving me only a hint of audio telling me that the station is still there, just to taunt me. Sometimes it takes out other stations as well, but it always starts with CBS. And then by morning, everything is back on.

Months can go by and everything is fine. In fact, it hadn't happened since maybe last February or so. Then, the other night, in the middle of Craig Ferguson's monologue, BAM! Static. I was able to listen to the rest of the monologue, but I'd prefer to have the visuals as well. It is teleVISION, after all.

Is there something odd going on at the Empire State Building every night after midnight that we should know about? A thousand pigeons having a rooftop party? A giant gorilla up there playing around with the broadcast antennas? UFOs landing on the tower so their inhabitants can have a quick rest stop before going home? Sunspots? Conan O'Brien sneaking into the transmitter rooms to disconnect CBS so we can't watch Craig? Cable and satellite companies, conspiring to get more customers, mucking around with the antennas?

Definitely mysterious.

2 comments:

Buzz Stephens Mon Jul 21, 09:55:00 AM EDT  

eh, time to GET CABLE! I mean, this is the 21st century after all, and broadcast TV is so, well, so old school...

One Cheer Mon Jul 21, 12:45:00 PM EDT  

I see you are part of the great Get Cable conspiracy too. Maybe YOU're the one on top of the Empire State Building messing with my CBS?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP