8.11.2008

Affirmations for the Overly Entitled

Say each of these affirmations ten times upon waking, before sleeping, and before entering any kind of public space.

1. I am not the only person on the planet.
2. I am not Carrie Bradshaw.
3. I have to wait my turn.
4. Strangers do not have a great need to hear my cell phone conversations.
5. When I get drunk and can no longer stand properly, it is interesting and humorous only to me.
6. I am no more important than the guy behind the deli counter. In fact, I'm probably less important.
7. I am not on a reality TV show. Cameras are not following me at all times, and people do not care what I think, or whether or not I'm a tough competitor.
8. Even if I am on a reality TV show, people don't care what I think.
9. My bad manners are ugly, no matter how much I spend on my clothes.
10. I have the right to be as pushy and arrogant as the next guy. And that makes me no better than the next guy.

UPDATE: Number 11 has been deleted due to popular demand.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  Sun Aug 17, 01:21:00 PM EDT  

ZurichMike asks: How about rules for others?

"Pull up your droopy trousers. You look like an idiot."

"Surely you have looked at least at one fashion magazine in your life."

"Stop doing that to your hair."

"Soap. Toothpaste. Deordorant. Use them. Now."

"Here's five bucks. Stop playing that awful music. Forever."

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP