1.10.2009

A New York Moment

Uptown R train, Saturday afternoon. I had just left my friend D after some shopping at JnR. We got on the R, me uptown, him downtown. It wasn't too crowded, but then the first stop at Canal about 100 people boarded my car.

A man with a backpack, who at just boarded the train, took off his jeans, revealing a festive pair of Christmas boxers.

A lot of people on the train did not notice him. A lot of other people, like me, noticed him but did the New York thing of pretending not to notice him. I was expecting him to put on a different pair of jeans, or dress slacks, or something, but when he didn't, I couldn't help myself; I started to smile.

He exited the train at Prince Street and just stood there with a silly grin on his face.

"Must be a thing," I thought.

When I got out at 8th Street, there was a man wearing tight black briefs, a girl wearing a coat that just covered her butt with nothing covering her legs, and two other guys in boxers.

Definitely a thing.

6 comments:

bgfa Sun Jan 11, 06:46:00 PM EST  

OMG you didn't know about the "Global No Pants Subway Ride?"

http://improveverywhere.com/2008/12/29/global-no-pants-subway-ride/

Anonymous,  Sun Jan 11, 06:53:00 PM EST  

Check out Improv Everywhere -- all will become clear...

Anonymous,  Sun Jan 11, 06:58:00 PM EST  

Look up Improv Everywhere -- all will be revealed

One Cheer Sun Jan 11, 10:39:00 PM EST  

I can't know EVERYtHING about New York. I'm busy DOING. Isn't enough that I witnessed the event?

Unknown Fri Jan 16, 09:01:00 PM EST  

oh lord.. that is silly. But my question is... Dont you have enough time during the week to go to a store right by work?? LOL :)

One Cheer Fri Jan 16, 10:10:00 PM EST  

Yes, but I have four words for you: three-day weekend sale!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP